This chair was inspired by combining many of the elements found in the Mies van der Rohe Barcelona chairs, sofas and benches. We have taken the tufting and button elements for the cushions, the legs are stainless steel like the benches and the back has an angular profile that reflects the objective perfectionism of modern design.
Our chair is offered in Italian leather, and a choice of two exclusive textured fabrics: Mesa Fabric is our budgetary fabric or our Modern Boucle is our high end fabric. Each chair is handmade using modern furniture construction techniques for superb seat comfort and durability. The cushion surfaces on this model consist of individual panels which are sewn together with a hand stitched welting or piping between the tufting points. Buttons are standard. Our construction techniques provide a solid chair perfect for commercial and residential applications.
Shown here in Cocoa Brown leather.
- Interior hardwood box frames and mitered frame corners
- Legs made of 14 gauge 1.5 inch round polished stainless steel tubing
- High Resilient Multi-Density Foam
- Tufted seat backs and bottom cushions with piping around the cushions and frame
- Angled bottoms and velcro on back cushions keeps them in place
- Buttons and piping seams between the buttons.
Overall: 37.5w x 34d x 34h
Requirements for Your Own Material:
Seat Interior: 28w x 22d
Seat Height: 18h
Arm Height: 29h
Fabric: 7.5 yds (54" width)
Read our blog post for more history behind this collection
Leather: 95 sq ft