Review and Comparison Guide: Modern Classic's Florence Knoll Lounge Chair
Inspired by: Florence Knoll Lounge Chair
- Offered in Polyester Boucle Fabrics or Leather
- Fabrics: 16 Colors; Leathers: 18 Colors
- Stainless Steel legs Frame
- Dimensions match original model
- Exclusive: Powdercoating in 8 colors are available (for an extra charge)
- Specify your own Fabrics or Leathers
|Our Item No.||MC-7201|
|Base Price||$ 1,720|
|Overall Dimensions:||32.5w x 32.5d x 31.3h|
|Seat Height:||18 inches|
|Seat Dimensions:||27w x 23.5d|
We wrote this review and comparison guide to help you figure out who makes the best Florence Knoll Lounge Chair. We have only highlighted 4 sellers of these iconic chairs, the primary contenders if you will, and we hope support our belief that our version of this chair has the best value proposition on the market.
Side-By-Side Comparison: Modern Classics vs. the Competition
Detailed Comparison: Modern Classics vs. Others
Modern Classics Brand
Design Within Reach
Our Florence Knoll style Lounge Chair was inspired from the Lounge Collection created by US designer Florence Knoll (1917-2019) to have a spare, angular profile that reflects the objective perfectionism of modern design. As a pioneer of the Knoll Planning Unit, Florence Knoll modestly called these pieces the fill-in pieces that no one else wants to do. We absolutely love this design for it's clean lines and comfort.
Our chair is handmade using modern furniture construction techniques for superb seat comfort and durability. The cushion surfaces on this model consist of individual panels which are sewn together with a straight stitch seam between the tufting points. Buttons are standard, however, you can request no buttons. All models have the welting (piping) around the perimeter edges of the cushion and frame. Exposed legs and frame are made of 14 gauge 1 inch square stainless steel tubing polished to a mirror-like finish and have adjustable feet glides. Our construction techniques provide a solid chair perfect for commercial and residential applications. Features include:
- Traditional Interior hardwood box frames and mitered frame corners
- Legs and frame made of 14 gauge 1 inch square polished stainless steel tube
- High Resilient Multi-Density Foam
- Tufted seat and back cushions with choice of buttons or no buttons
- Choice of leather and fabric colors
Modern Classics Furniture offers two levels of Top-Grain Italian Leathers. Each of the these groupings feature:
- Top-grain Italian leather from Grade A hides
- Semi aniline-dyed (standard) and 100% aniline-dyed (premium)
- Made in Italy and imported to our factory
- Have a UV and Moisture Guard built into the dye
- Are not split hides or bonded leather
We are happy to mail you a physical piece of leather so you can hold it in your hands.
Below are the leather colors we offer for our Saarinen Executive Side Chair Collection. Our Standard Leathers (denoted with the prefix L1) are top-grain, aniline-dyed, and then color corrected with a slight embossing to create a more uniform grain pattern. Our Premium leathers (denoted with the prefix L2) are also top-grain, aniline-dyed but have a soft feel to them and much of the hides natural grain patterns are retained. All our leathers are considered equally durable and are ideal for home or commercial use. To read more about leather, read our A Guide to Understanding Upholstery Leather: A Primer.
Click on any of these images for an enlarged view.
Boucle Fabric Choices
We offer our own exclusive collection "boucle" textured fabric in an extensive collection of colors that are particularly suited for the mid-century modern furniture we make. This fabric and colors were custom made just for us, at a well-known North America mill. Made of 100% polyester, our boucle's are soft, durable (250K double rubs), stain and UV resistant. We have arranged these swatches in color groups below.
We are happy to mail you a physical piece of fabric so you can hold it in your hands. Click on any of these swatches to see an enlarged view.
|Fabric Name:||Modern Boucle Fabric|
|Content:||100% Post-Consumer recycled Polyester|
|Weight:||22 oz/linear yard|
|Finish:||Greenshield™ (High Performance, Eco-friendly stain guard that beads liquids and easy to clean)|
|Abrasion Resistance:||250,000 Double Rubs(ASTM D4157-13)|
|Crocking:||Wet: Class 5.0, Dry: Class 4.5 (AATCC 8)|
|Light Fastness:||Class 4.0 - 5.0 @ 40 hours (AATCC 16 3511)|
|Pilling Resistance:||Class 5.0 (ASTM D 3511)|
|Seam Slippage:||Warp: 79.5 lbs Fill: 133.0 lbs (ASTM D 4034)|
|Tensile Strength:||Warp: 177.0 lbs Fill: 234.0 lbs (ASTM D 5034)|
Other Metal Frame Color Choices
Besides the standard #304 Polished Stainless Steel frames shown above, we do our own in-house powdercoating over the stainless steel frame. We offer 8 standard colors and there is a $100 extra charge for the custom frame finishing.
Click on any of these swatches to see an enlarged view.
About Modern Classics Furniture
Here at Modern Classics Furniture, we focus tightly on manufacturing and selling furniture in the niche market known as Iconic Modern Classics Furniture. Here's why we are your top choice for Modern Classic Furniture:
- We make and sell only our own products -- we do not sell other manufacturer's product, nor will you find our products elsewhere on the Internet.
- We offer a 3 year warranty
- We offer FREE SHIPPING on all retail and design trade orders
- We only make quality furniture using the best materials
- We offer wholesale and design trade prices - let us be your #1 source - sign up today!