Modern Classics Furniture purchases leather from a variety of tanneries in order to provide our own collection of colors. All the leathers we offer feature:
- Top-grain leather from Grade A hides
- Smooth or Textured, depending on the color
- Vegetable Drum Dyed with Moisture and UV protection built into the dye
- Made in Italian Tanneries and imported to our factory
- No split hides or bonded leather
- Leather thickness is generally 1.0 - 1.2 mm
All our leathers are considered equally durable and are ideal for home or commercial use. To read more about leather, read our A Guide to Understanding Upholstery Leather: A Primer.
Also, we are happy to mail you a physical piece of leather so you can hold it in your hands.
Below are the color swatches of the leather colors we offer. Our Smooth leathers
(denoted with the prefix L2 and L4) are top-grain, aniline-dyed and have a soft feel to them and much of the hides natural grain patterns are retained. Click on any of these swatches to see an enlarged view.